We subscribe to the historic Christian faith as confessed in the Apostles, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds and the Book of Concord written at the time of the Reformation. It contains the Unaltered Augsburg Confession (1530), the Apology of the Augsburg Confession (1531), the Smalcald Articles (1537), Luther's Small and Large Catechisms (1529), and the Formula of Concord (1577).
In short, we believe the following, namely, that God's Word declares that...
I) There is one God who has revealed himself in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2) God created all things by his powerful word in 6 days.
3) Adam and Eve fell into sin, and because of this all people are by nature sinful and incapable of saving themselves.
4) God promised to send his Son who would accomplish our salvation. Through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit God proclaimed and preserved this promise in the writings of his Prophets and Apostles.
5) God's Word is without error and completely true and reliable in every way.
6) Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit, 100% God and 100% man, fulfilled God's promise through his life, death, resurrection and ascension into heaven.
7) All God's righteous requirements for mankind were met in Christ and all sin was fully atoned for by Jesus.
8) God calls men everywhere to repent of their sins and beleive the promise that God in Christ gives.
9) God wants us to be absolutely certain of our relationship with him because of Jesus Christ and through faith in the promise that because of his victory over sin, death and satan, we have eternal life.
10) God enables us to live holy lives empowered by his grace in Christ and God preserves his Church and causes it to grow through the Gospel in Word and Sacraments (Baptism and the Lord's Supper).